Welcome Black Lions and Friends

Hello to all Black Lions and Former Black Lions and All friends. This blog is open for comments or questions, or messages to friends. See "Proud Black Lion's Profile's" for contact information. Contact with Joe may be made at jlhare1@gmail.com .

Combat Infantry Badge

Combat Infantry Badge
Worn With Pride-A Job Well Done

Black Lions of Cantigny

Black Lions of Cantigny
VINCIT AMOR PATRIAE

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

To All Viewers

We have had large number of viewers and would like to hear from some of you. Any comments, good or bad, any questions you might have about Vietnam or our experiences there we will try to answer. Speaking for myself I have found (after 40 years) I can talk about Nam and in fact it is a help to me.

Hope all viewers enjoy the pictures and other information. There are several very intresting articles on the Bravo Black Lion website, that are written by several diffrent Vet's of our outfit. There is a direct link to the Bravo site from this page, and comments pertaining to that site may also be placed here, on any of the recent blogs. Just click "comment" and we will see it and try to respond.

There is also a link to a slide show of 125+ pictures from Vietnam on both this page and Bravo web site.

Email addresses may also be found on these sites.

"Black Lions Sir"
Joe Hare

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I am travelling to Vietnam in a few weeks and will be in the Lai Khe area on October. 17th. I learned of the Black Lions from reading "They Marched into Sunlight". I want to let as many Black Lions as possible know that I will do my best to get to Lai Khe (I'm going on a guided tour of the country), and that I will be thinking of each and every one.

Unknown said...

Joe, Don't know if you remember me but I sure remember you. My name is Bob Dembro. Bravo Co., 2/28th 1st Inf. I was there from May 66-June 67.
I left to Deros on the 18th of 67. I was sent back to home base to get ready to Deros. It was then that I found out about Battle of June 17th. (This incidentally was my birthday.)
I lost a lot of friends that day. My best friend Michael Morrow also. I couldn't sleep at all during the 14 hours back to the States. I arrives at Chicago O'Hare and met up with some officers who invited me to dinner. I got loaded and fell asleep on the benches waiting for my flight to Boston. The MP's woke me up the next morning and told me to straighten up. I finally got home and slept for two days. I wouldn't leave the house for three months. My e-mail address is buflobobd1@yahoo.com if you want to chat. Nice talking to you. Bob - Just trying to forget....

Blog Archive