Welcome Black Lions and Friends

Hello to all Black Lions and Former Black Lions and All friends. This blog is open for comments or questions, or messages to friends. See "Proud Black Lion's Profile's" for contact information. Contact with Joe may be made at jlhare1@gmail.com .

Combat Infantry Badge

Combat Infantry Badge
Worn With Pride-A Job Well Done

Black Lions of Cantigny

Black Lions of Cantigny
VINCIT AMOR PATRIAE

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Beginning This Blog

As I was writing some memories and biography for John McCoy and the Bravo Black Lion web site it hit me that there may a need for a place of us Black Lion Vets, or anyone for that matter, to have a meeting place. This blog is open to discussion of all types. John is doing a great job with the web site but this will give us a place, maybe to vent some feelings that we have been holding back for a long time. I know that it's been 40 years for me, and until April '07 and finding John, Fred Hill, Dale Cary and Ron Moreno I had really bottled things up. My family now tells me how closed mouth I was, and how they believe it has made me feel better.

Enough about me for now, so fellows feel free to open up a little tell us about you and your thoughts. I will send a link to this Blog to several of you and please pass it on to anyone that might be interested. There are a few thing to bring up a little later that still bother me and maybe some of you will have some answers.

Maybe John can link it on the website.

Until Later
"Black Lions Sir"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't see any of the guys that died on 17-June-1967? It was operation Billings?

Unknown said...

There were 11 guys caught in an ambush... If you go out to Google and key in June 17-1967 Billings you'l will see the information.
My e-mail is buflobobd1@yahoo.com

Blog Archive